Did you know when you finely chop certain nuts – particularly Brazil nuts, cashews, and macadamia nuts – that they resemble and taste a lot like Parmesan cheese? Although devoted vegans have known this trick for years, this information may be new to you. However, once you sprinkle this “Parmesan Cheese” on your favorite Daniel Fast dishes, you will be pleasantly surprised at how good it tastes.
1 cup lightly-salted cashew halves and pieces
Add cashews to food processor and blender. Process about 15 seconds or until cashews resemble the texture of Parmesan cheese.
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 1 tablespoon)
- If using raw cashews, add 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt to cashews before chopping in food processor or blender.
- Make garlic-flavored cheese by mixing in 1/4-1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Be sure to watch my video, “How to Make Daniel Fast Parmesan Cheese,” for instructions.
- Serve with Black Bean Minestrone, Spinach-Artichoke-Tomato Soup, or Tuscan Soup.
- Sprinkle over Mega Greek Salad.
- Use as a topping for Antipasto Pizza Pie or South of the Border Pizza.