Juicing is a wonderful way to fuel your body with a variety of nutrients in a simple form. Below are basic questions that people usually ask when they want to learn more about juicing. If you don’t see the information you need, feel free to email me.
1. What is juicing?
Juicing is the process of extracting juice from fruits and/or vegetables. The fruit or vegetable juices are separated from the fiber, so what you get is easily absorbed, digested, and assimilated into the body.
2. What are the benefits of freshly extracted juices?
- Provides phytonutrients, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that help prevent cancer, heart disease, stroke, and most other degenerative diseases.
- Preserves much-needed enzymes for the body, which help to break down food in the digestive tract (enzymes are often destroyed in cooking and processing).
Gives your digestive system a much-needed rest.
- Allows a safe and convenient way of significantly increasing the intake of vital nutrients.
3. What kind of juicer should I use?
We bought our Champion Juicer used on eBay for only $100. I didn’t want to buy a new one because, 1) they’re about $400 new, and 2) I wasn’t sure how much I’d actually use it. However, we’ve had our juicer since 2009, and we have MORE than paid for it with the amount of juicing we’ve done. It was well worth the investment. Other reputable brands are Breville and Omega. I would also recommend shopping on Amazon to search for juicers.
4. Why is juicing allowed on the Daniel Fast?
Fresh juice is included in the fast because fruits and vegetables are part of the fast. Juicing these foods only changes the form in which you consume them. Also, fresh juice is not mean to be a beverage on the Daniel Fast, but as a meal or meal supplement. Therefore, water should still be your main beverage.
5. Do you have juicing recipes?
I sure do! Just click on the following link to access them: Juicing Recipes.
In 2011, my husband, Justin, and I did an extended juice fast. Here are a few videos from that particular journey. Some of them are really entertaining!
“Preparing for a Juice Fast”
“Ultimate Daniel Fast – Juice Fast Day 1 (Justin)”
“Ultimate Daniel Fast – Juice Fast Day 2 (Kristen)”
“Ultimate Daniel Fast – Juice Fast Day 3 (Justin and Kristen)”
“Ultimate Daniel Fast – Juice Fast Day 4 (Kristen)”
“Ultimate Daniel Fast – Juice Fast Day 10 (Kristen)”