Banana Stacks features two foods that, in my opinion, were designed to go together – bananas and peanut butter (or almond butter for those with peanut sensitivities). With this recipe, you get a little bit of protein mixed with carbohydrates for energy. It really is the perfect treat!
2 large ripe bananas
¼ cup almond butter or all-natural peanut butter
Peel bananas, and cut into ¼ to ½-inch slices (about 12 per banana). Spread about 1 teaspoon almond butter on half of the slices. Top with the remaining slices.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 4 stacks)
- Great for an after school snack for your children.
- Add a layer of Date Honey to each stack.
- Sprinkle each stack with cinnamon.
- Add chopped dates or raisins to tops of stacks.
- Put in freezer until firm (3-4 hours) for a cool treat!
Calories per serving: 140