“Oh, that we might know the Lord! Let us press on to know him.” – Hosea 6:3 NLT
More than 5,100 people cried out to God during the “Press On” January 2014 Online Daniel Fast. Following are testimonies from believers who are pressing on to know the Lord. I pray you’re encouraged and filled with hope as you read about the great things God has done!
- “I love how this fast not only changed my eating habits but changed my desire to seek more of the Lord in my everyday activities.” – Jeneve
- “I’ve been unemployed since September. Although I’ve had temporary jobs, I didn’t work at all in December. I’ve been feeling pretty low and desperate. When I decided to do the Daniel Fast, I made employment my prayer focus. The day after my fast was over, I received a call from a job I interviewed for last month. They asked me to come in for round two of the interview process. The second day after my fast, my former employer called to let me know about an opening and gave me someone to contact. I emailed the contact, and he responded within fifteen minutes. He said the job was mine if I wanted it! I cried. Praise God! I feel like a weight has been lifted.” – Nichelle
- “I see the enemy in retreat! I see victory and restoration in my life! Praise the Lord!” – Wes
- About six months ago I registered for my first half marathon. Considering I’m not a runner, this was going to be a huge challenge for me. At the time, I didn’t realize the race would coincide with my fast. I started the fast on January 1st with concerns that I wouldn’t have the energy to complete the half marathon. I knew I wouldn’t be able to drink the Gatorade at the hydration stations or eat the energy gels since they contain sugar and caffeine. Initially, I planned to finish two weeks of the fast, and then pray about whether I should finish the last week. On day fourteen of the fast, I read the devotion in your book titled, “Run.” I realized God was saying He would give me strength to finish the fast AND the half marathon. It also reminded me that physical training is good but spiritual training is so much more important. I’m pleased to tell you that with God’s grace and power, I crossed the finish line of my first half marathon on January 19th after 2 hours,16 minutes, and 20 seconds! The most amazing part was that I felt great. I had a few bruised toenails, but absolutely no muscle pain or soreness. God is good! Thank you for the motivation and devotions that you provide.” – Julie
- “The biggest lesson I learned on the fast is that God is in control. All I have to do is trust in Him and praise Him.” – Rita
- “Our church corporately participated this year for the first time, and it’s amazing to see how God is working in our lives. We feel blessed by what you’ve shared with us – the recipes, the devotions in the book, and the encouragement of your daily emails. Personally, I had several things I was asking the Lord about during the fast. A few of those He answered almost immediately (including finding a lost wedding ring for a family member) and several of those issues He’s still working out in/through me. The results are all in His time for His glory!” – Tara
- “I reaped so many benefits from this fast, especially closeness to God. Bonds are being broken, and I’m in conversation and study daily with Him.” – Dave
Praise the Lord! I cannot wait to see how He continues to answer our prayers this year. All glory to His holy name!
If you would like to be informed of future online fasts, sign up for my monthly newsletter.