Nearly 6,000 believers from around the world joined the January 2016 Ultimate Daniel Fast. The annual online fast was held January 3-23, 2016, and our theme was, “FIGHT!,” based up 2 Cor. 10:3-4:
“For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.”
Participants who signed up through my Ultimate Daniel Fast website received a weekly email, which contained a devotion, video, recipe ideas, and other helpful resources. More than 450 participants also registered as a team leaders. Each leader recruited a group to fast along with them, and all leaders were supplied with weekly study and discussion questions.
The January 2016 Ultimate Daniel Fast was a wonderful journey! We saw God move in mighty and miraculous ways. People were healed. Saved. Encouraged. Changed. Delivered. Strengthened. Transformed.
Our Daniel Fast may have concluded, but it certainly hasn’t ended. God is still working! I believe we’ll continue to see answers to prayer as we trust in the Lord.
Many participants have emailed to share what God has done. Following are testimonies from this year’s online fast:
- “I thank God for the Daniel Fast. It brought me closer to the Lord, and I also have a deeper understanding of the Word.” – Martha
- “This was my first time doing the Daniel Fast, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. My greatest fear was giving up coffee. However, as I lay awake that first Monday morning, the Lord reminded me that I hadn’t really enjoyed my coffee so much the last couple of weeks. So I said, “Ok, Lord. Let’s do this.” I never had the slightest hint of a headache or lethargy from giving it up. I praise God for that touch of His hand! I have also found out from a health standpoint that, while I’m not planning to embrace a total vegan lifestyle, I want to eat this way a lot more than not. It has been a wonderful time with the Lord.” – Charles
- “During the Daniel Fast, I prayed that God would give me peace about a situation, and He did just that.” – Olivia
- “I’m so grateful about how rejuvenated I feel and the revelations that have been revealed throughout this time of fasting. This fast has not strengthened only my personal relationships but also my working relationships. My spiritual ears have been more open than ever before.” – Kay
- “This is this first year I have done the Daniel fast with a group. It was great for my family and me to be a part of this group. I always journal during my fasts and this year I was able to feel the Holy Spirit speak about issues of shame and guilt that needed to be released. I knew I had a group of prayer warriors behind me as well! I have a healed heart, which now helps me to be more present to share the gospel to others! Praise be to God!” – Denise
- “This was the first time my girlfriend Ruth and I did the Daniel Fast, and it was amazing. I was diagnosed as a diabetic in 2013. My blood sugar stays in the range of 200-340 the majority of the time. During the fast, it was around 200. After the 21 days, my blood sugar has been 122-140!” – Guain
- “My husband I were separated, but we managed to work it out and save our marriage. We were having problems with finances. But we were able to get our light, gas, and cell phones paid for a couple of months. I’m so thankful and blessed to have God’s people helping me on this journey. God is so good!” – Kionna
- “After weaning off my coffee addiction more than 22 days ago, this morning I realized I’m changed. It’s good but not a necessity. God has changed my perspective on a lot of things. He is good and worthy of ALL praise!” – Anne
- “Thank you so very much for connecting me with Sue, my team leader. We’ve had a couple of heart-to-heart conversations by email. She has been an answer to my prayers for a prayer and fasting partner. I couldn’t have found a better one. Thanks so much.” – Ina
- “Thank you, Kristen, for your leadership and for putting Ina on my team. We became good friends and exchanged phone numbers and addresses in order to stay in touch. She has been a complete blessing to me and so have you!” – Sue
- “I’m praising the Lord for the strength He has given me during this fast. I have been diagnosed with polymyalgia rumatica, which causes excruciating pain all over the body. I noticed that during the fast as I eliminated all sugar, my pain seemed to subside. I’m overjoyed at the results! I told my doctor about it, and she just smiled. Apparently, she knew about sugar causing inflammation. She told me to continue what I was doing. I appreciate you and wish you nothing but blessings. Please continue to help all those out there who are sick with inflammation and other chronic problems.” – Iris
- “I decided to seek God this year during the fast for several reasons but mostly to draw closer to Him. I resolved to suit up daily (Eph. 6:10-18) and continue to FIGHT on my knees because my battle is the Lord’s, and He is for me. I was able to seek and find Him during my fast. Praise Him! He is so faithful.” – Martha
- “This is the third year that my husband and I have done the Daniel Fast, and we love your book. Thank you for taking the time to lay things out so clearly!” – Robin
- “I’ve previously had challenges with fasting, but this time I had made up my mind I was going to fast, so I enquired about the Daniel Fast. It has been a wonderful month. I have never spent as much time with God. I feel so much closer to Him.” – Faith
- “What can I say? This fast has been so blessed! I’ve done the Daniel fast before, but not in a couple years. Each time I’ve done it, I’ve experienced such a spiritual awakening and such a closeness with the Lord that’s always indescribable! The fast is over, but I don’t feel like it’s the end. I believe it’s the beginning of going even deeper, greater, and higher in our Lord!” – Tinie
Praise the Lord for all these wonderful testimonies of His goodness! All glory to His holy name!
If you weren’t able to participate in the January 2016 Ultimate Daniel Fast, don’t be discouraged. You can do the Daniel Fast any time of the year!
My book, The Ultimate Guide to the Daniel Fast, will be a huge help on your journey. It walks you through every aspect of the fast with 21 daily devotions, 100+ recipes, meal plans, grocery shopping lists, and tips on fasting. Finally, be sure to subscribe to my monthly newsletter to stay informed about future online fasts.