As I drove my daughters to school this morning, I turned on our local Christian radio station. The DJ was explaining how he had accidentally left his microphone on during the last break, which broadcast his discussion with a co-worker to thousands of listeners.
The conversation was about a disturbing article he “just happened” to see on a newsfeed. He read that witches around the country will cast a spell on President Donald Trump and his supporters tonight, February 24, at midnight (Eastern time). Future hexing dates are also scheduled for March 26, April 24, and May 23.
Immediately, I explained to my girls how this situation is an example of spiritual warfare. I told them that, yes, there are really witches – not the black hat, flying-on-a-broom kind, but ones who follow Satan and are actually empowered by him to do evil. I assured them we don’t have to be afraid, but we do have to pray.
The issue is not whether you like President Trump. It also doesn’t matter if you voted for him or someone else. If you’re a believer who lives in the United States of America, you’re responsible for covering President Trump in prayer. So am I.
“I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth” (2 Tim. 2:1-4).
How to Pray
- Ask the Lord to protect President Trump and to be a shield around him, his family, his Cabinet, and his Cabinet’s family members (Ps. 18:2).
- Pray that President Trump will have a heart to know the Lord and to follow in His ways (Jer.24:7).
- Ask the Lord to surround President Trump with godly men and women, who will instruct and guide him according to God’s Word (Ps. 1:1-3).
- Pray that any plans to harm President Trump or his family will be thwarted (Ps. 138:7).
- Pray that Christians will answer this call to prayer and intercede on a regular basis for President Trump and his Cabinet (2 Chron. 7:14).
God is at work in our land. He has great plans for our country. But Satan also has a plan. He wants to destroy us.
“For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places” (Eph. 6:12 NLT).
Will you commit to pray regularly for President Trump? Don’t forget to pray tonight and to mark your calendars for March 26, April 24, and May 23. Also, if you live in another country, will you join us on these dates? I encourage you to pray for the leaders of your nation as well.
I believe that as Christians respond to this call to intercede, we will see God pour out His power in miraculous ways. Let’s not sit back and be apathetic. Let’s hit our knees and pray for our president!